Institutional Review Board Guidebook/Application
Research at, or sponsored by Sitting Bull College will be well designed and properly executed. All researchers will abide by ethical principles of respect for persons, beneficence, and justice. All researchers will respect the culture of the residents of the Standing Rock Reservation when designing and carrying out proposed research. All researchers will follow the guidelines and procedures for protection of human subjects outlined by SBC and carried out by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Data collection cannot begin without IRB approval. Research results will be shared with Sitting Bull College.
- Obtain application packet and Institutional Review Board Guidebook from the Office of the Academic Vice President or below.
- Complete PI training at http://ohrp-ed.od.nih.gov/CBTs/Assurance/login.asp.
- Determine type of IRB review application to be used (see section on Types of IRB Review).
- Complete the appropriate IRB review application. Any required parts of the protocol such as an informed consent form or an interview instrument must be attached to the application.
- Submit the complete application, with attachments, to the IRB Chair for review; indicate what will happen with the research results.
- Secure IRB approval before data collection can begin.
www.sittingbull.edu/community/irb/IRBPacket.pdf - Application Packet in PDF form (non-fillable)
www.sittingbull.edu/community/irb/IRBPacket.doc - Application Packet in Microsoft Word format (fillable)