To be eligible to participate or represent the College, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled at SBC.
- Must not be on Academic Probation.
- Must not have received an “F” in the last term of attendance at SBC or any other college.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Must have and maintain greater than 75% attendance from beginning of semester of travel to actual travel date in each course.
- Must be maintaining a 2.5 Grade Point Average in the current term.
- Must have written approval of satisfactory academic progress as certified on form SBC-001, available through the counselors’ office. A student must complete the initial approval before travel arrangements are made, and again complete final approval before travel is allowed*. To remain eligible for travel, a student must not drop a course or courses after the initial approval has been made.
- Must follow the financial travel policies and procedures of the College.
- If required for activity, student must have been an active participant in fundraising.
- Students who owe money to Sitting Bull College will not be allowed to travel unless debt is paid.
- During travel students must comply with Sitting Bull College’s Student Code of Conduct. Failure to do so shall result in disciplinary action.
The policy does not apply to field trips that involve the entire class and does not require over night travel.
*If travel costs are incurred for the student and the student is unable to fulfill the travel obligation, the student will be required to pay back all expenditures to the College (plane tickets, registration costs, hotel deposits, etc.).